2011年8月29日 星期一

Foods i have been feeding

I have been keeping them for over a month now, and so far they’re doing fine, so I guess I would share a list of food that I have been feeding.

From what I have experienced, I think these guys are actually quite hardy, could probably survive or even thrive on a wide variety of food without problem. Even without a deep substrate for them to burrow is okay. But then since they grow so slow, and breed only when they’re at least 3 years old, and could be up to 5, also even in best condition, they only produce 1 clutch of around 10 to 30 nymphs once a year, so it is understandable that keepers tend to be very careful on experimenting on these roaches.

Here is a list of foods that I have been feeding my rhino roaches.

Leaves, twigs, and barks
Eucalyptus crebra leaves and mulch (not 100% sure, came with roaches, won’t be able to get more since the seller only has license to export roaches, not plants)
Eucalyptus globulus leaves (Ordered from DD)
Eucalyptus torelliana leaves and barks (Collected from country park)
Eucalyptus robusta leaves and twigs (Collected from country park, and roadside nearby)
Liquidambar formosana leaves (Collected from countryside)
Other food
Apple, Carrot, Chinese Lettuce, Rolled Oat, Dried Grass Hay for Turtle, ZooMed Forrest Turtle pellets, Cypress Mulch


Following are foods I have at hand, but haven’t tried yet
Eucalyptus tereticornis
Dimocarpus longan
Ficus virens var. sublanceolata
Acacia auriculiformis

沒有留言:

張貼留言